We have changed our appointments system in response to patient feedback. Appointments can be booked up to 2 weeks ahead with GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners & our Practice Nurses. There will also be same day appointments when patients are seen on a "sit & wait" basis. You must contact the Surgery to be booked into one of these slots as you will be advised of a time to attend.
Urgent Medical Problems
If you have an urgent problem the receptionist will take your details along with a brief description of your symptoms and ask you attend the surgery at Clay Cross for a timed slot. You will be seen in order of urgency, by the most appropriate, available clinician. At periods of high demand this may involve a considerable wait, however, we will aim to see you as quickly as possible.
WE WOULD ASK THAT:-
- As appointments will still be limited you should only ring for a same day appointment if you feel your problem is urgent. This is usually when something comes on suddenly or won’t go away after self-treatment.
- You seek advice from your local pharmacist for illnesses or symptoms such as colds, upset stomachs, coughs and aches & pains.
- Use NHS choices to help you decide if a GP appointment is essential.
- If you have problems with depression or anxiety or you need emotional support we will have a lead Nurse for Mental Health working in the practice. Her appointments will also be limited but help is also available through steps to change (tel. 03031234000).
- If you are experiencing chest pain, symptoms of a stroke, have a serious illness or are badly injured you should ring 999.
Your appointment time with the G.P. or nurse is 10 minutes.
USE YOUR APPOINTMENT WISELY:
Think about the reason for your visit:
- Concentrate on one health issue only.
- Be clear about your symptoms – for example, what they are, when did they start etc.
- Think about any questions you would like answered.
- If you have problems with depression or anxiety or you need emotional support we have a lead Nurse for Mental Health working in the practice. His appointments are available to book both in advance and on the day. Help is also available through on a self refer basis through Trent PTS. Information packs are available at the Surgery or you may telephone them directly on 01332 265659.
Longer consultation times will mean fewer appointments being available and if your consultation is more than 10 minutes you are keeping the next patient waiting.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.