Nursery Nurse Training is undertaken at college over a period of 2 years and includes areas on:
- Child development 0 to 8 years.
- Looking in detail at the different needs of children through home, social, emotional, physical and educational needs.
- Detailed observations and evaluations.
- Appropriate play for different ages.
Nursery Nurses Offer:
- Baby Play Visits for all parents of new babies. We introduce play ideas and pass on information about groups.
- 2 Year Developmental Checks. This visit is usually carried out by nursery nurses in you own home to assess the development of your child.
- Baby Massage. This is offered to families. This is where we encourage parents to use positive touch to soothe, calm and relax their baby.
- Special Visits. These can be offered to support parents with the following issues: behaviour, toileting, sleep patterns, eating and speech.
- Baby Clinic. At Clay Cross we support and give play ideas. At Tupton Clinic different topics are discussed, stories read and sometimes we go for a pram walk.
- Post Natal Group. At Clay Cross children's centre. As nursery nurses you will see us on the rota discussing with you different areas of child development.
- Baby Play Group. This is on a Wednesday from 10am - 11am at The Community of Christ Church on Thanet Street. This group is free for parents and babies under 1 year old. Each week a different theme is explored through play.
- Story and Rhyme. This is at Clay Cross library every Thursday from 10.30am - 11am. All ages of children are encouraged to join in with story, puppets, instruments and singing.
- Health Promotion. Through displays, special days and discussions with parents.